Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
applications are invited for Postdoctoral Fellowships at the International Institute for Asian Studies. We are particularly looking for researchers focusing on the three clusters: ‘Asian Cities’, ‘Asian Heritages’, and ‘Global Asia’ (click on the links for a description of the clusters),
Application deadline: 1 April 2012
The positions are intended for outstanding post-doctoral researchers from around the world, to work on an important piece of research in the social sciences and humanities. Interdisciplinary interests are encouraged. We also welcome researchers who would like to work on a collaborative grant proposal or develop their PhD thesis into book publication.
Areas of research focus
We are particularly looking for researchers focusing on the three clusters ‘Asian cities’, ‘Asian heritages’ and ‘Global Asia’. However some positions will be reserved for outstanding projects in any area outside of those listed. Applications which link to more than one field are also welcome.
Terms and conditions
- Applicants must have fulfilled all requirements of the PhD. If you are a PhD candidate at the point of application, you may also apply provided that you are confirmed for graduation within 6 months after the deadline. A letter from your university will be required to confirm your graduation before your proposed start date.
- If you are applying for a grant from IIAS to cover your research period in the Netherlands, the fellowship will be tenable for a maximum period of 6 months.
- Support for research (office facilities, library access, networks, etc.) will be provided.
- Affiliated fellows are expected to participate in IIAS events, including the fellow seminars and monthly lunches and drinks.
If IIAS decides to sponsor your research by awarding a grant, the fellowship at IIAS will include:
An all-inclusive and fixed monthly allowance (2,000 Euro) for the agreed period. Travel expenses (economy class) to and from IIAS.
Invitation to apply
Interested applicants are invited to email/post their applications, consisting of:
- Application form (word)
- Curriculum VitaeA minimum of two letters of reference,
- Please ensure that a minimum of two letters of reference is sent to us in confidence via email or post, commenting on your academic abilities and the value of your research project by the appropriate deadline (1 April).
- List of publications
IMPORTANT NOTES WHEN SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION:
1. If you are sending us your application via email you will receive a reply acknowledging receipt of your email/application;
2. Please send us your application only once. If you have already sent in your application via email, kindly do not send the same application via post (and vice versa);
3. Emails larger than 10MB are rejected by our email system. Please keep your email and attachments below 10MB by zipping any large files.
Address for submission of applications, reference letters and/or queries: (1) Email: iiasfellowships[at]iias.nl, (2) Fellowship Programme c/o Ms Sandra van der Horst International Institute for Asian Studies Rapenburg 59 2311 GJ Leiden The Netherlands